As the primary motor racing organisation in WA, the WASCC organises all the circuit racing and many other events at Barbagallo Raceway. This guide outlines the categories that take part in that racing and the nature of non-race disciplines. Please note the following –
- There are numerous categories in Australian motor racing that do not compete in WA for various reasons. Accordingly, any potential competitor considering buying and racing a vehicle not from the following list of categories should check before purchasing to ensure that it will fit into the existing WA racing categories. You can check with the following –
- Cameron Edwards WASCC Race Manager 93068022 email@example.com
- John Hurney Chair CAMS WA Race Panel 0414280433 firstname.lastname@example.org
- All WASCC events are conducted in accordance with CAMS regulations. The following does not attempt to list regulations and specifications for each category, it is merely a broad overview of WA racing options. For specific category detail refer to the current CAMS Manual available on the current CAMS website – cams.com.au
- In addition to full racing events the WASCC organises 3 other forms of competitive Motorsport that do not involve actual car to car competition. These are Time Challenge aka Regularity, Drift and Speed Events. An outline of all 3 is included at the end of this document.